domingo, 27 de abril de 2014

writing: about me

Hi
My name’s Lia. I’m eleven years old. I’m from Banyoles. I’m a student at Casa Nostra school

I’m interested on music, basketball, skiing.
My favorite football player is Xavi Hernandez. My favorite group, book or films is Antonia Font, Harry Potter and Madagascar. I’m really into Jazz and pop music but I don’t like rock music.

What about you? Have you got any hobbies? how old are you?




writing: my city

Banyoles

Banyoles is the city in the east. of Catalonia and it’s not very big. In Summer more tourism than in winter.

I like Banyoles because there is a beautiful lake. My favourite places is the main square the School of music and the lake.

Banyoles is a 100 km from Barcelona. There aren’t many buses, trains or coaches from other places. 



EL TIO

Every year there’s a big celebration in Catalonia. It’s called el tio. El tio is in December and it’s a celebration of the Christmas.

On the day of el tio we look forward night because then we will open many gifts.

I like the day of trunk because we are all family, is winter and we open many grits.



                                                       


WRITING THE WHALE SHARK

The animal in this photo is a whale shark. Some people believe that whales are the biggest animals in the sea. This is not true. The whale shark is the largest fish in the world, which reaches approximately 12 metres.

The whale shark is found in tropical and warm oceans and lives in the open sea with a lifespan of about 70 years. Whale sharks have very large mouths, and as filter feeders they feed mainly on plankton, which are microscopic plants and animals.

Contrary to popular belief, only a few sharks are dangerous to humans. Out of more than 470 species, only four have been involved in a significant number of fatal, unprovoked attacks on humans: the great white, oceanic white tip, tiger, and bull sharks. These sharks are large, powerful predators, and may sometimes attack and kill people. Although most sharks are carnivorous, whale sharks have evolved for filter feeding plankton and are inoffensive for man.



Bibliography: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark


WRITING THE POLAR BEAR

The animal in this Photo is a polar bear. Polar bears usually eat seals.

Polar bears live in Arctic, Canada, Russia, Greenland and Norway. They live and hunt on the ice. Females have two cubs every four or five years. Adult polar bears are 750kg

The Arctic ice is smaller because the climate is changing. Pollution is a problem, especially oil. Humans hunt polar bears in some areas.



WRITING

Hi!

I’m very happy that you’re coming to stay with us next week. Here’s some information about my timetable and my school.

School starts at 9:00 on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and at 8:30 on Wednesday and Friday. The lessons are one hour I have six lessons every day. English, Maths, Català, Castellano, Science and EVP are compulsory subjects, but I can choose some subjects like KET and TIC. After classes I go to basketball training or music lessons.

I usually have lunch in the school where we have a dining room. The dishes that we eat at the school come from a catering, are not cocked at the school.

Bye for now

Lia





HISTORY IN THE STREETS
LONDON

London is a city in south of England. First people lived in London in Roman times. The city was called Londinium during Roman Times. Then it had a population of 45,000 people. Now is 7’5 millions.

There are places in London with the name of important people in history of England like: Trafalgar Square (Remembers the Battle of Trafalgar) or Victoria street (Remembers the Queen Victoria).

The people of London are called Londoner or “Cockneys”. Some famous Londoners are: Charlie Chaplin (actor) or Arthur Conan Doyle (writer of Sherlock Holmes stories)




STAR PLAYER
ALEXIS

Alexis Sánchez’s full name is Alexis Alejandro Sánchez Sánchez. He was born on 12th December 1988 in Tocopilla, Xile. He’s 1 metre 69 centimetres tall. He’s slim and he’s got short dark hair and black eyes.

Alexis first played football when he was seven years old, and he became professional when he was sixteen. He played for Cobreloa, l’Udinese, Colo-Colo and finally in FCB. He also plays for the Xile national team.

Alexis won his first big trophy with football club Barcelona in 2011-2012, when they win Supercopa d’España.



FRIDAY 9th MAY 

I’m going to go on an excursion next Sunday I’m going to Sant Aniol d’Agulla. I must take my cap and my bag because I hope a very sunny day.


SATURDAY 10th MAY


It’s hot and sunny. I’m making many photos because the place is great. We’re going I go  to swimming in the river with my friend.


SUNDAY 11th MAY


This is me swimming in the river. We had a fantastic time, but the water was very cold. We were swimming all the afternoon but! I’m going to school tomorrow!








No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario